November 7, 2006

Dona Nobis Pacem


The literal translation of Dona Nobis Pacem from Latin to English is
Grant Us Peace.

Click on today's title to learn more.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Imagine - John Lennon
Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
All we are saying is...

15 comments:

Lux said...

Beautiful post - thank you for posting Lennon's words ...

Peace,
Lux

Gemini said...

That's a furry lovely post

madd said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful globe..and posting Lennons' words, this happens to be my fovorite song of all time, I cry every time I hear it..such moving words..ahh imagine..Peace..m

Meowers from Missouri said...

you picked the furry best song for this post!! mr lennon had it essackly right. peace to all of us!

purrs and love,
nels, ed, nitro, & xing

Annelisa said...

Ah, you two wise cats knew just what to say! Stay cool, Carolina Cats!

(And thanks for visiting me and commenting on my poem today)

Anonymous said...

Happy Peace Day! lovely post!!!

Annelisa said...

I just went into my email, and found I had another sponsor - turned out to be two of the best dude-cats ever! You have no idea how touched I am, that you donated some money when you don't even know me! A big, big hug - thankyou!

Annelisa

Annelisa said...

BTW, I was also touched by your offer of fur to cover my baldy head! Tell mom that, much as I would love to take you up on your generous offer, I think it would take the whole of your cuddly little bodies to stave off the winter cold... I think I'll stick to hats, not cats! :-D

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Great job! Lennon is the best!

Ivan from WMD said...

Very nice! Peace to us all.

The Meezers or Billy said...

Happy Peace Day!

Mimi Lenox said...

How adorable. What a wonderful day it has been in the blogosphere. I am so happy that we are united on this issue. It is humbling and beautiful.
Peace, love and blessings to you on this very first Dona Nobis Pacem in the Blogosphere.
Mimi Lenox

The Fluffy Tribe said...

Momma has that song and loves it ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

Frist off that was a furry lovey post. FInnigan I NEED YOUR HELP . My name is Lilly lu and I been i been accuced of a crime that i counfest to only becuse there was ice cream involed can you defed me.

Lilly Lu

Unknown said...

We seem to be on the same wavelength. I can't hear the word peace without thinking of John Lennon.
http://adellelaudan.com/blog